Saturday, December 13, 2014

Oreo Truffles

I came across a recipe for Oreo truffles and decided they looked easy enough to make so I gave them a try.




Ingredients:
1 bag of Oreo cookies (300g)
1/2 of a 250g tub of chocolate or plain cream cheese

Semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Half cookies and place in a food processor until crumb consistency.
2.  Add the cream cheese and mix well in food processor.
3.  Roll mixture into balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
4.  Place in freezer to firm up.
5.  Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler (I also add a bit of vegetable shortening).
6.  Dip oreo balls in melted chocolate.
7.  Place in freezer to get firm.
8.  Drizzle with melted white chocolate if desired.

I would like to try a variation of this recipe with the special edition Gingerbread Oreos and plain cream cheese.  I would then coat these truffles in white chocolate.  They would be a very festive flavour!

No comments:

Post a Comment